x
Beta Member

Square loans

curious if loans are still being offered? Few of my co-stylists were asking about the program. I’ve had quite a few and always in good standing, meet my min requirements early and good on all eligibility factors. Usually I have a new offer about now but I know things can change. Just curious if anyone else out there usually has a new offer by now and have not? Is there something more I can do?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Thank you!!! I really appreciate the feedback. Yeah I usually get one earlier than 80 % but I understand. I’ll keep trucking along! 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hey @Kbso11.  Offers are still going out.  My experience this year was that I was (as I recall) well over 80% complete on my last loan before the new offer came.  That was the latest I’ve ever seen a new offer, but for me it didn’t matter since I usually prefer these days to pay off my loan so that I can maximize the funds I receive in the new one.  That’s just my preference when it is at all possible.  I can also say that other people I know and have read about here have noticed longer times before new offers show up, with more than a few having completed a loan before the new offer came.  Such are the mysteries of the Square Loan Black Box.  Even the High Mages of Block-dom don’t fully know what the algorithm is thinking.  Ha.  

Anyway, there is nothing more you can do except keep on keeping on.  Make your payments.  Keep your credit card sales up and even increasing.  Once the man behind the curtain takes notice, you’ll get an offer.  I got mine a few months ago, but decided to wait until I needed it before taking it out this time.  It was quite a good offer actually, but my credit card sales this year went from a 50/50 split with cash to a 75/25 or maybe even 80/20 split in favor of cards.  Such is post-pandemic life, I guess!  The thing to remember is that sales, and most especially card sales, are key here since a consistent cut of card sales is how Square views your ability to repay, most of all I’d bet but I can’t say for sure.

About a month ago, Square Loans folks were really behind the 8-ball with lots of applications for loans that had gone out.  It took them up to two weeks to get the final approvals done and money in accounts, they were so backlogged.  But they seem to have cleared that up now.  My approval was well within the usual 2-3 day time period.

Hopefully all is well with you until you get that hoped-for email!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Best Answer

Thank you!!! I really appreciate the feedback. Yeah I usually get one earlier than 80 % but I understand. I’ll keep trucking along! 

Message 3 of 4

Mike lewiston is how Lon processing.e

Message 4 of 4