x
Beta Member

modifier items “out of stock”?

Is there a way to make modifier items out of stock as opposed to deleting them altogether?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi!!

We’re looking for a small group of vocal sellers to preview and test Marking Modifiers as Sold Out. In this beta, you will be able to
easily mark modifiers as sold out/available from Square POS and Dashboard. The sold out/available state will be respected across your sales channels.

• Enable sold out status on your modifier choices at a per-location basis 
  • Easily mark modifiers as sold out / available from Dashboard or POS
  • Modifier availability will sync across all your sales channels and devices

Interested?

You can request to join the Mark Modifiers as Sold Out group in the Beta Community, where we’ll share more details about this upcoming test and gather feedback from our participating sellers.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@Archiesnydeli This is a limitation of the modifier system.  It would require inventory functions like variations.  What I have done is add the label (sold out) beside the modifier name if I didn't want to mess with it, or do what you said and delete the specific modifier (i.e. small cups out of stock).  Generally this lets the cashier, or online order person it is out of stock so if they order and don't get it..well that answers that.

If you have some modifiers that are frequently out of stock or need adjustment, I would put them in their own modifier group and make sure they are applied to the items that need them.  That way, you can edit that one modifier quickly and not have to go through a bunch of different modifiers/items to find them all.  Ctrl-F on a computer under the dashboard can quickly find the modifier you are looking for if you have a ton of modifiers.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks Donnie. I ended up putting an out of stock label on the item.

Thanks again for the detailed response!

Mike

Archie’s NY Deli

Message 3 of 4
Square

Best Answer

Hi!!

We’re looking for a small group of vocal sellers to preview and test Marking Modifiers as Sold Out. In this beta, you will be able to
easily mark modifiers as sold out/available from Square POS and Dashboard. The sold out/available state will be respected across your sales channels.

• Enable sold out status on your modifier choices at a per-location basis 
  • Easily mark modifiers as sold out / available from Dashboard or POS
  • Modifier availability will sync across all your sales channels and devices

Interested?

You can request to join the Mark Modifiers as Sold Out group in the Beta Community, where we’ll share more details about this upcoming test and gather feedback from our participating sellers.

Message 4 of 4