x
Admin

Square's Stand for 9.7" iPad is now $99 โ€Œ๐ŸŽ‰โ€Œ

Hey Seller Community!

Heads up that Australian sellers can now purchase the original Square Stand for iPad (2017, 2018), iPad Pro 9.7โ€, and iPad Air (1, 2) for only $99!

s1d-au-1.jpeg

Note that you will need an older iPad model, and the iPads that fit this stand are no longer available for sale new at retail:

• iPad (2017)
  • iPad (2018)
  • iPad Pro 9.7"
  • iPad Air (1, 2)

If you already have one of these iPads though, or are otherwise able to acquire one second hand, $99 gets you:

• Square Stand
  • Square Reader
  • Dock for Square Reader
  • USB Hub for connecting printers, barcode scanners or cash drawers (accessories sold separately)
  • Countertop mount

If you're not sure whether your iPad will fit this Stand, please use this guide from Apple to help identify your device. The iPads that fit this Stand all use the Apple lightning bolt power connector and are around 9.7".

Got any questions or need further help? Please leave a comment below ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Seamus

Just wondering how long that Square Stands will be supported?

I would love to buy the new square register, but want to have all three registers be the same

I have two, just purchased third.  Just checking this wasn't a rookie issue

Thanks

Ben

Message 2 of 5
Admin

@theroyalctambo Hey Ben!

We have no plans at the moment to stop supporting Stand - it more or less comes down to whether or not the iPad you're using is able to continue meeting the minimum requirements to run Square's POS app - at the moment the minimum is iOS 12, and the oldest compatible Stand iPad is the iPad Air 1 (2013), which can run iOS 12 (but not above).

Also worth considering, is that as Apple release new iPads with different sizes and/or power connectors, we may update Square Stand in the future as we've done in the past. Our current newer model Stand won't work with the same iPads as the older model due to changes Apple made switching to a USB-C power connector and also adjusting the physical dimensions of their core iPad range. We'd generally only update the Stand model if Apple made changes to the new iPad range that physically prevented new iPads from fitting in existing Stands.

The older model Stand (currently $149) will be discontinued I imagine once we run out of stock, due to the fact that Apple no longer sell compatible iPads and it becomes more difficult to find these on the second hand market. You'll still be able to buy the new model Stand, but you'd need to get an iPad that fits the newer model.

Hope this makes sense!

What is your setup looking like at the moment in terms of what model Stands you have and what model iPads to go with them? If you have iPad Air 2 (max capable of iOS14) or above I'd say these will stay compatible for at least a few years to come. If you have 2013 model iPad Air 1s I'd still say you should get a year or two out of them before we eventually update minimum iOS requirements from iOS12 to iOS13.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 3 of 5

Currently running 3 tills

- 1 x iPad 6th Gen (so 2018 I think)

- 1 x iPad 5th Gen (so 2017 I think)

- 1 x 2020 purchased last night off square

I really want to swap to terminal, but buying three at once is a large investment, and it looks like its not a swap and go with square stand?  ie different printer setup?  Also having to learn the tricks for a different setup, and customers having to use two different types of till

Thanks as always for replies

Message 4 of 5
Admin

@theroyalctambo it sounds like your two older Stands use the older model iPads and the newer model Stand will fit the newer iPad.

Terminal can print receipts from itself, or you can connect an external printer via the USB Hub (sold separately for $50) - depending on what your existing printer models are they may or may not work with Stand - let me know what they are!

How were you looking at using Terminal? At the moment it operates purely as a standalone unit running its own instance of the Point of Sale app, however we're looking to integrate it as something you can connect to a Stand to use as an external card reader in the future - if you were looking at something like that it could be worth waiting until this functionality comes along!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 5