x

Storage access

Square is asking to have access to my device storage.  Is that the norm?   I can't figure out how to allow this or should i?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@Macdfc;

Depending on what type of Device you are using, Phones and Tablets Square needs access to Photos and Camera at times depending how you use your Square POS applications.  

To upload photos taken on your device then upload them to Square, Square would need access to your Storage area. 

If you use an Ipad or Iphone, Square can use the Camera(s) as a barcode reader.

With a computer I have not seen this request by Square but have uploaded photos also from a computer.

When did you get the notification that Square needs access to your devices Storage?   During an Install or when trying to use the app an adding items?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 4

@Candlestore @Macdfc where or how do you access the storage? my tablet is asking to access storage but i am unsure how to turn it on or where in my settings to do this. thanks

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

What type of Tablet are you trying to access storage on?  Ipad or Android?

When I installed my card reader, is when it asked me fir permissions such as location memory access etc.  So turning this on I would have to see my settings on my devices.  I think the easiest way would be to Uninstall the device completely then go through the steps to install it again and give approval for all access for the square device as you install it.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4