x

Tab function in item entry

When entering items into inventory you used to be able to tab straight down through all the fields to get to where you want to be. Things changed and I realize this isn't all about me but I enter hundreds of different items in weekly and never enter a "description" in. Before the change it was nice and easy, enter in the item name and tab down to SKU and so forth but for a little while now it has been that when done with entering the item name the next tab takes you to the description and it hangs up there.....you have to mouse down to the next field you want and resume data entry. 

It's a relatively minor issue and I am sure there are oodles of businesses that enter in descriptions but can't there be a way to manually select that field if it applies to you and just tab through it if it doesn't. That time and mouse effort adds up when entering the volume of inventory in that I process. <sigh> 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @CrazyHill_GNB 

I was able to replicate what you're describing and it seems that the reason for this is that the Description area now allows more formatting and for that reason, Tab is equal to a tabbed space as soon as the cursor gets locked in the text box. I will keep an eye on this one for you to see if other Sellers prefer the previous behavior and then escalate it to our Product team. 

Thank you for flagging this and I apologize for the inconvenience.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2