x

Syncing with Quickbooks

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Bookeeping"

So frustrating trying to sync square with QuickBooks and sadly each company blames the other for why it’s not happening! Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hello @desirami thanks for your post. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your sync with Quickbooks. There are several posts about this issue; if you do a search you may find some posts regarding syncing All Transactions versus Daily summary transaction. I have not used any sync features so I am unsure but maybe trying one of these options instead of your current sync may work better for you.

FYI I use Quickbooks but I input everything manually. It is more work, but I have control over every entry and I can see and understand how what I put into Quickbooks impacts everything. I have a paper log that I record daily sales info from Square (I let the Square Register and Dashboard keep all the details at the transaction level if I need that, but I only really want the daily sales together). Once a week I enter daily sales into a sales receipt template in Quickbooks, and that hits all the appropriate accounts I track: Cash Sales, Credit Card Sales, Merchant Fees, Sales Tax.

When I receive Square deposits into my banking account, I will manually input a deposit in Quickbooks for each day I have a Square deposit. I have Quickbooks accounts set up for Credit card sales to be deposited, and Cash Sales waiting to be deposited. In my quickbooks deposit I record the sales (minus the transaction fees) and that should equal what the Square Deposit is for that day.

I know this is really complicated, but I never wanted to risk any sync issues. If you'd like more info just let me know and tag me in your reply so I will get you some more info: @HC_Charlie .

I hope this helps in your situation. Perhaps another seller with experience using the Sync feature can offer you a better suggestion.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you for your response! It’s truly appreciated. I’ve done so many searches and what you are advising me to do is precisely what I was trying to streamline and lessen my workload. I guess I should have researched Square more thoroughly in what they do and don’t support. On the actually QuickBooks website it shows an app that is for syncing Square to QuickBooks but yet just getting off the phone with a Square rep she says maybe it’s not supported… ummm frustration! In the drop down menu on QuickBooks it asks for Sutton Bank’s routing info yet no one can cough that up. I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@desiramiI just found another support article here. Check this out. Looks like depending on what version of Quickbooks you are using determines how to (possibly) sync.

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@desirami ;

Which QuickBooks are you using Desktop or Online?

I use a program called Transaction Pro Importer which works very well for importing CSV files from any source to QuickBooks.  So I not only use it for Square but also for my online store, tried it with a friends etsy account and ebay accounts.  No more multiple programs to learn as long as you can export data as a csv file.  Takes me 5-10 min to export from Square and get everything into my QuickBooks program.  This is from say 15 transactions to 300 transactions.  I am not real good at doing this daily when we get busy.  Early mornings and late nights I forget to get this done.  

Here is a link to a 20 min video I did of using the TPI software with Excel and Square.

TPI and Square to QuickBooks 

Here is where you can find out more about Transaction Pro software:

Transaction Pro 

I have also heard that Commerce Sync works for importing transaction to QuickBooks but I have not used the Software just going by what others have told me.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5