x

Tipping screen

Recently my tipping option screen separated from the signature screen, now appearing before the signature screen instead of with it. I hate it! I've tried changing it back in settings but nothing changes. It feels incredibly rude to present clients with a tipping only screen. I find myself skipping it all together more and more often, defeating the purpose of tipping as an option. How can it be changed back??

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

@RachelRobison - Just to be clear, you've checked Settings > Checkout > Tipping to ensure Separate Tipping Screen is disabled?

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10

The option is still there in settings, yes. But it appears to be disabled, it does nothing.

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Okay, can you try force quitting the app and reopening it? Other tips you can try - signing back in, updating or reinstalling the app. 

@RachelRobison

Justin
Message 4 of 10

I did try signing out and back in, no updates available. I guess I can try uninstalling and reinstalling. I've spoken to a few other users and they report the same issue, so I'm betting it's a system wide change, which is a bummer. 

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

First I'd try reinstalling it, then reach out to CS if that step doesn't help. They'll be able to file a ticket with Engineering for you. 

Justin
Message 6 of 10

Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue. It’s embarrassing  and rude   I’d be **bleep**ed if I were the client. It doesn’t even make them sign half the time. Just ask if they want to tip. 

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

@Owinj - so is the actual issue that the setting to separate the tipping screen from the signature prompt is not saving, or that the signature screen doesn't appear at all?

If it's the latter, the signature prompt is up to the discretion of the card issuer, as most banks have migrated to chip cards as a more secure way of processing payments and no longer requires a signature. Learn more here

Justin
Message 8 of 10

Hello, I've been having the same issue for the last 2 weeks as well. I was wondering if reinstalling it helped at all. It seems like the admin doesn't know what is going on. I've been using it for years across several devices and never had this issue before. It really is like the settings stop working.

Message 9 of 10

I have had this same problem and I hate it as well! Did you get it fixed? If so please let me know how. Thankyou

Message 10 of 10