x
Admin

TogetHER Spotlight: Meet Horsenround 🧶

We've got another spotlight featuring one of our incredible TogetHER group members!

The purpose of our TogetHER group is for members to find connections, advice, encouragement and community with fellow women in business and allies. 

Today we're featuring @Horsenround !! 💕

Tell us about your business!

Horse 'n' Round Studio is all about fiber arts and education. I spin, knit, crochet, weave, felt, and more, and I love to share the benefits of working with natural fibers and with the animals themselves. We have 5, no, 8 Icelandic and Shetland sheep (since we just added 3 more this fall) on 5 acres. I hold individual classes, mainly for spinning, but we have also had homeschool groups out, as well as other visitors, to learn about skills, managing the animals and land for the best fibers (and gardening), and shopping from our small studio retail space. We also have virtual visitors ordering and reading online from all around the world. We are also starting to venture back to shows and have an exciting (but safe) fall schedule lined up.

walking sheep - Kathy Kemp.jpgViking cloak - Kathy Kemp.jpg

Where is your business located? 

Buckley, WA

What has been your proudest moment in your business? 

Helping people learn and discover new skills and new stress relievers.

If you could give yourself one piece of advice when you first started your business, what would it be? 

Fiber arts. You'll find your people.

ornaments - Kathy Kemp.jpgscrubber_display - Kathy Kemp.jpg

What’s been the most challenging part of running your business? 

Getting in front of eyeballs and potential patrons and shoppers.

Who is a woman identified business owner that you consider a role model and why?

I admire other handmade business owners who can be real and warm and honest and kind to everyone.

Check out her site!

Thank you so much for sharing @Horsenround  
️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

@Horsenround I admire handmade business owners who can be real and warm and honest and kind to everyone too 🤗

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 8

Thanks for the opportunity!

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

Great interview....

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 4 of 8
Admin

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your business @Horsenround - it sounds like you have your hands full!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 8

Yes, it does tend to snowball! 😁

Message 6 of 8

this seems like a once in a lifetime experience, and I can tell you're completely living in your purpose! i love seeing purpose served and reaping a rewarding life because of it; it's like you're sharing your passions with the world in a very practical and fun way

Message 7 of 8

It definitely isn't for everyone! And I'm also really fortunate to have a supportive husband who tolerates, understands, and sometimes even feeds the crazy. 😁

Message 8 of 8