x

Will Square reimburse my servers for the tips they lost during today's App Failure?

In the middle of Saturdays lunch rush Square pushes an update that kills our ability to use individual logins, collect signatures or tips. Servers just trying to do their jobs are stressed out during an already busy rush because they can't print receipts or collect tips. We're going to make sure they get what they're fairly owed but will Square cover those losses or are we just expected to absorb this cost because Square can't test their updates. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

We had the same issue. I would also like to know how Square is going to reimburse for the tips lost due to their app failure. 

Message 2 of 12

We had the same issue and lost the tip.

Message 3 of 12

We lost a lot of money because of this. I highly doubt they'll do anything though. Would be nice to at least get some free processing fees or free teams for a month so we can pay our employees what they lost. I'm not worried about the loss of sales for the business, just my employees. 

It's always Friday or Saturday square has issues, which makes sense since it's the busiest time. My issue is the updates are usually what causes issues, and they always push them on the weekend. WHY?! Push those updates early in the week when businesses aren't so busy. 

Message 4 of 12
Beta Member

I don't recall a time that Square has ever been able to reimburse tips or even lost sales due to a poorly executed update.

Message 5 of 12

It's not a lack of ability. It's a lack of willingness. 

Message 6 of 12

That, is a very good question.  I was on hold for over 2 hours trying to figure out what was going on and got nowhere.  We lost sales, and our team suffered for it in additional workload, and lost revenue by us as a company and in tips.  As a hospitality professional, I can empathizes with the current economic climate and labor challenges that we are facing. But that's exactly what I depend on from Square to help me manage - not exacerbate.  

Square:  If you are reading this - the business of hospitality generally peaks on the weekends.  Choosing to send out updates when the hospitality industry is "making coin" just doesn't make sense.

Bruce
Message 7 of 12

Agreed! Especially when we've suffered enough due to what shall not be named!

Message 8 of 12

Does anyone know if this has been fixed? I need to know if I'm going to have to cover another days tips for my staff...

Message 9 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Thank you @GatorSquad and everyone for voicing your feedback. I'm very sorry you all experienced this yesterday. I recommend reaching out to our support team when you get a chance so that a rep can take down your information, and details from the day. 

Message 10 of 12

BernadetteA,

I just got off the phone with Square Support. Your tech support has gotten so bad since Square outsourced it that it's actively insulting. Most of the time the tech can barely comprehend the problem. They aren't empowered to actually help in any meaningful way past basic troubleshooting. God help you if you need someone to actually diagnose a problem. Moreover, noone I've talked to is empowered to remunerate my company for any money that Square's stupid update crash caused on Saturday and, frankly, having to listen to someone apologize to me instead of ACTUALLY FIXING THE PROBLEM doesn't do anything except raise my blood pressure. Square has made it perfectly apparent that they expect us to accept Sub-par performance because you're the least expensive option in point of sales systems. We've requested a call back from an account manager for MORE THAN A MONTH because our normal fella is on Paternity leave until January. Which, should be said, Aces to Square on giving Paternity leave... but you know what would have been great... ACTUALLY HAVING SOMEONE HANDLE HIS CLIENTS WHILE HE WAS ON LEAVE. That was clearly too much to ask. 

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

I was out of office yesterday, but I'm looking into this for you, @GatorSquad

Message 12 of 12