x

TotilPay App for Accepting EBT Cards

I read an article about TotilPay, an app that allows a Square retailer to accept EBT payments without purchasing an expensive EBT card reader unit. I spoke with a TotilPay rep today, and she indicated that TotilPay uses a small bluetooth EBT card reader, similar in size to the credit/debit card chip reader we currently use. Have any of you used TotilPay yet? Is it as seamless between the TotilPay app and the Square app as they claim? We currently use the Square stands with the chip reader and printer, both with wired attachment to our Square stand. It's $19.99/month for the TotilPay app, but it would sure free up space on our counter if we didn't have to use the bulky EBT reader we currently have. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Its free with the federal Marketlink program. They send a free reader and 1 year subscription  for 1 device.

Message 2 of 3

I received my free Totilpay card reader, but because we used the horizontal Square stands, the Totilpay app is sideways and I’ve tried every setting to no avail. Plus, the app requires that we sign in every time we want to use it. I returned to using our old EBT card reader. Totilpay could be a great app, but there are just too many quirks to make it user friendly. 

Message 3 of 3