x

USB Printer Constantly Disconnects

Hello,

I am using a Square Register with a connected, USB Brecknell scale.  The set up is only about 3 weeks old but now I'm having issues with the scale disconnecting.  It only seems to happen when I move from function to function on the register (i.e. from checkout to reports).  The only way to reconnect the scale is to reboot the register.  If I just stay in checkout it seems to do fine.  I did call support and after unsuccessfully troubleshooting, they told me to call the scale company- not an acceptable answer considering the scale is working fine.  He did take down my information / problem to pass on to the engineering team...very frustrating as it continues to happen.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @mhurst1182👋

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community + sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble. We recommend checking to make sure that your Register is up to date. And we would also suggest to run this by Brecknell so they can confirm weather this is a Scale issue or a Square issue (it is part of the troubleshooting) if they indicate that this is on Square's end they should provide you with a ticket number and hopefully they will be able to detect what is wrong.

Once that is done and when you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

I did an update when I was first on the phone w Square and it did not help.  I guess I will reach out to Brecknell and see what they say.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 8
Square

Curious did we ever figure this out? Have a similar issue with the same set up

Message 4 of 8

No, unfortunately.  They still say this is with the engineers- this is extremely frustrating.

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

I am also having an issue with my printers CONSTANTLY disconnecting! I mean 10 times in 3 hours. It is driving me insane. 

Message 6 of 8

Square ran an engineer update on my system in November and I have not had one disconnect issue since.  Good luck.

Message 7 of 8

Don't know if this will apply to you but we've developed an app called Deli Label that's available in Square App Marketplace that is great for variable weights and label printing

Message 8 of 8