x
Highlighted
Admin

Wall of Hope - Share Positivity with the Square Community ❤️

Hi Seller Community! 

We are all navigating a new world and figuring out how we function within it. While we can not offer hugs and stand physically united together at this moment, on this post, we wish for you to write and spread positivity and love, and show your solidarity and encouragement during this difficult time. 

Do you have a message you’d like to share with the Community? We’d love to have you share it as a reply below. Posts can be anything with positivity, love, or hope. A great post could be a call to action, a picture, a story, a suggestion, a question, an idea or anything else you’d like to share.

Please do click the “reply” button below and share some positivity with the Community.

Aaron Weiss
Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Wall of Hope - Share Positivity with the Square Community ❤️

Tagging the folks who've already reached out in @nelmur's photo post: Square Studio Request: Share photos of your business. Here's another space where you can share some more positivity and follow along for inspiration. Feel free to drop in with an image or note of encouragement — and thank you for looking out for each other. 🙏

@porktaco
@Barbershop011@Dblock_thebarbe@JimRomano@irmg, @WaxingByBecky@markmorg@Yemisi@RevengeFantasyC@summyscreationz@splendiferous@LaylasCoolPops@AmysCandlesLLC@Bubblez-Studio@Popper-Razzi 

Message 2 of 18
Highlighted

The online store feature has been a great blessing to us. After we closed the store due to the shutdown, we started making reusable face masks and we sell them on the online store. We’ve been selling to companies and individuals, wholesale and retail. We have hope that we will re open the store soon. Thank you square.

Our website address is www.globalafricancreates.com. 
@Tom 

89856F65-6E2A-47D1-91CB-ACA6FFEA1664.jpeg

Message 3 of 18
Highlighted
Admin

These masks are amazing! I know folks on our photo team were admiring them. Thank you for sharing more!

Aaron Weiss
Community Lead, Square
Message 4 of 18
Highlighted

I am so glad to be apart of a community that only wants to share positivity. As a small business owner, it can get tough when you rely on vendor events to make sales or gain new clients. But, COVID has taught the power of the internet and how to use it at what it was meant for. Creating connections and sharing the love. I hope everyone has a great day!

Message 5 of 18
Highlighted

This past weekend I was able to participate in the painting of a mural during a vigil prepared by the city Mayor and a two of my artists friends held in Annapolis, MD. We asked residents to step outside their homes and "shine a light on racism and injustice" for 8 minutes and 46 seconds. Hundreds of people gathered for the memorial and vigil to honor the lives of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor. The diversity at the vigil is a signal change is soon to come, but it’s no time to rest until it happens. Here is a photo of finished mural which is located Downtown Annapolis on the city dock.

george floyd mural Artists.jpg

george floyd mural.jpg

Message 6 of 18
Highlighted
Admin

@cellspitfire  - Beautiful work on this mural. Thank you for sharing it with the Community. I do think change is coming. Art like you've created here will help to usher it in. 

Aaron Weiss
Community Lead, Square
Message 7 of 18
Highlighted

Creating with love to spread love!20200503_144955_Signature.jpg

Message 8 of 18
Highlighted

During this time I have had the privilege of working with my coaching clients in a beautiful and safe virtual space. (And of course using the Invoice function...) Today, though, was special. I had the opportunity to facilitate a workshop on Thriving with over 30 people (ages 16-35) in Morocco. The notion that we are all in this together, regardless of where we are on the planet, was palpable. The notion that everyone can thrive was real.  I was reminded of what someone told me (a Square seller of masks also): "We have a real opportunity, as a nation, to fall deeper into our humanity, if we would only allow ourselves to." Today I had the honor of watching that happen half way around the world.  

So our challenge is how can each of us 'fall deeper into our own humanity'?

Message 9 of 18
Highlighted

I love seeing so many people in the community coming together to support each other. As 2020 takes one dump after another with covid and now this racial debacle, I see more and more people going out of their way to lift each other up whether its with compliments, well wishes, supporting small businesses or simply checking in. I think this is also the year for rebuilding family bonds and for all of that, I am thankful. 

Message 10 of 18