x

What is the recommended image size for my Square Online Store banner?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square Online: Mobile view looks oddly big.

When I toggle between Desktop view & Mobile view, the banner images looks big and cropped out or cut off on the mobile. What size banner do we need? Pixel? Help. Thank You.

Message 1 of 110
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @Dek and welcome to the Seller Community! The typical image size for the banners is around 2000 pixels by 1000 pixels but can vary depending on the content of the header image itself. 

Let me know if those image sizes help at all!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 110
109 REPLIES 109

It's August 2022 and I am having this issue as well. Doesn't matter the size, the image still fills the box and gets cut off. 

Message 22 of 110

Welcome to the Seller Community, @RedBird7 👋

Can you please post a link to your website so we can take a look at the issue you described? 

Thanks in advance! 😊

Message 23 of 110

https://drafts.editmysite.com/d/QMynzoB5WmT5x4GX4AQnfxr827Lw/

Here's a link to my website, I want the text to be as big as it is on the desktop view and then have it smaller to correctly display the words on the mobile version. The current link on the mobile view will have the "s" cut off from waffles on a new line. If I make the text smaller it doesn't look as nice on the desktop version. I think what everyone has wanted for what looks like years now is that there's a separation in options between the desktop and mobile versions so that a banner photo can look one way on desktop and another way on mobile.

Message 24 of 110

Welcome to the Seller Community, @TheTastyWaffle 👋

I see what you mean with the "s" cutting off on mobile, unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to have two different views. Have you tried editing in the mobile view in the editor? I wonder if that would make the text size closer to what you want on mobile and desktop. You can edit in mobile view by clicking the mobile icon in the top left corner of the editor.

If that doesn't work, the next suggestion I have is to take a screen shot of the live site, then use that as a background image instead of adding the text. 

Can you let me know if either of these suggestions work for you? Thanks! 

Message 25 of 110

My banner wasn't fitting either! So frustrating!! What I did was I deleted the main banner. Then I scrolled down to edit, then scrolled to add image. So basically thats my 'new' banner, it's the same image that I was trying to fit into the main banner template, but it was looking terrible. Now, to get the new image to the top of my page, I needed to highlight the image above it, and select move down, this moved it up the page. I repeated that step until my image was at the top, now my image serves as a banner that looks good and doesn't get cut off, it also transfers nicely when the mobile screen is selected.

Message 26 of 110

Thanks for sharing this, @redroostersoap 😍 Do you mind posting a link to your website so we can see it in action? This could be super helpful for other sellers, and I appreciate you taking the time to post your work-around. ❤️

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉

Message 27 of 110
Beta Member

This is perfect for my computer however mobile looks horrible is there a way to fix or should i move to a different host??

Message 28 of 110

What is the preferred image size for the main banner image?  I am having a hard time getting anything to work correctly....it is only showing the middle portion of the image, no matter how I resize it

Message 29 of 110
Admin

Check out this thread for your answer @SusanT205🙂

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 30 of 110

Every time I try to upload a banner image for my Square online boutique, an error message appear : ''Failed to upload''. 

I tried 10 different photos, with different sizes, all .jpg and it doesn't work.

Somebody have an idea? 

Message 31 of 110

Hi @henri5258,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

Check out the answers in the thread. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 32 of 110

But where is the thread tho?

Message 33 of 110

I am so frustrated. I have made an image banner and no matter what size I make it, it still gets cut off. I want the full size banner and instead of using 1920x1080, or 1500x900, I used 1250x720. On each one the sides gets cut off and when I loaded the last one 1250x720, the height of the banner shrunk to half. It's not like I haven't worked with website setups before but this site sure is not user friendly. In your layout options, it would be useful if the banner size is indicated rather than having to search Google or the community to find an answer. I was going to attach some png's so you can see what I mean, but there's no where to attach them. I know I attached some before.

Message 34 of 110

I previously wrote (under Troubleshooting) that the banner image kept getting cut off when I uploaded it. I finally realized that the whole image will show up if I go to "section style" (https://www.weebly.com/app/website/users/132359544/sites/705225465571887199/dashboard/editor#/page/9...) and adjust to L, M, Sm. So I thought the problem was fixed. However, after publication, I find that the banner image is way too big (I used 1250x70 and it is way bigger than the banner: https://wenda-pyman-photography.square.site/home. Why???? is it not translating to my published page?

Message 35 of 110
Admin

Sorry that you're having so much trouble with the banner size @energizerbunny. I moved your posts to this thread so you can see what the recommended banner size is for the Online Store.

Hoping this helps ease the frustration.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 36 of 110

I too am struggling with this. Plus the gallery will upload under the same name.  I have so many with the same name but different dimensions and a few with specific names so I know the dimensions.  I believe that there is not a way to delete from the gallery UHG!  

So my problems are:

1. getting the header image to fit even though I am using recommended pixels and even MUCH smaller size.

2. Resizing elements. In the old Weebly it showed how to drag margins in ot out for any element.

3. Actually calculating the image size that WILL work without cutting off top or sides especially for a header.  PS the resize/crop tool does not help.

4. Deleting bad versions of the image from the gallery.

Message 37 of 110

The title of this post has been edited by a moderator from the original: "Mobile Device Display Issues"

I have read the threads for using the correct banner size, and I have the correct sizing. On the desktop view it looks great, however when you view the site on a mobile device, the banner is cut off. 

HELP! 

Message 38 of 110
Admin

Hey @CaitlinR. Take a peek at this thread and try resizing your banner to the suggested size that AshleyK recommends above. Hope this helps!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 39 of 110

I stated in my OP that I had utilized the recommended image size stated in that thread. It’s still not optimizing to mobile. In mobile view only a small section of the image is visible. I’d like it to completely resize when viewed from a mobile device. 

Message 40 of 110

Did you ever have any luck fixing this issue?  I'm currently dealing with the same thing.  I tried resizing my banner to the size suggested earlier in the thread and it still gets cut off in the mobile view. 

Message 41 of 110

Same issue.... The banner resizes different for mobile. Is there no option to upload a different size for the banner on the web and one for mobile. If not than either the web or the mobile is gonna look off...  Not happy 

Message 42 of 110