x

Which iPad works best for POS retailers - including data storage and style? Deciding Service Plan

Which iPad works best for POS retailers - including data storage and style? Deciding Service Plan

Currently operate online & via pop-up-shops.  Trying to decide which size/style iPad to purchase, as well as how much storage I will need and which data service plan works best.  Also - if you have suggestions on which carrier is best in pricing/service, that would be helpful.  We have AT&T, Verizon and CSpire in our area.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @georgemarys, thanks for reaching out!

I wanted to highlight some resources that should help you make the best decision for your business:

• iPad — If you're going to be using any hardware like a cash drawer, printer, and scanner, I would suggest having a look in the Square Shop for a pop-up point-of-sale kit. We've assembled three kits based on seller feedback on what has worked best for their pop-up events. In addition, you can find a complete list of supported hardware in our Support Center.

• Storage — Your item library and account settings are saved securely on our servers, so you can rest assured that Square Register will work well, even if you're using an iPad with the smallest storage capacity.

• Service Plan — A standard data plan should be sufficient for using Square on your iPad. For specifics on data requirements, have a look Sean's post. You'll be able to process payments as long as you have a strong data or wifi connection. In addition, you can accept card payments using Offline Mode in the event that you're not able to connect to the internet.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction! If any other sellers have any insight to share, please don't hesitate to chime in! 📢

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2