x

Why are your emails considered suspicious?

Every time I click on a link inside an email that comes from messaging.squareup I get a notification that the link may be suspicious.

Because of the following filter:

||awstrack.me^

Found in: Peter Lowe’s Ad and tracking server list 

Close this window

Disable strict blocking for          rfrtpc7s.r.us-west-2.awstrack.meawstrack.me

no matter what link it is. so that is a cause for me to wonder why you need tracking on emails to our account?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

From what I understand, the emails are marked as suspicious by some email providers (like gmail, for example), because your email provider sees that the email is coming from YOU (your name or your business) but knows it's not your email account.  For example, if my email address is Emily@gmail.com and I send a marketing email from Square to myself, gmail thinks that is suspicious because the email is clearly from me but it's not from my emily@gmail.com address. So basically, it thinks the email may be posing as you.  Make sense? As for why the tracking - that's how they can tell your your open rate.  They track opens to tell you that 45 of 100 customers opened the email.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 2 of 2