x

audit trail for any changes made by internal users

Hello,

Within our retail business we have a few people that have access to add and modify items, category, vendors, prices, etc...

Is there an audit trail for those changes to see who did what and when? For example, if I create a new item called "pants" and set the cost to $1.00 and the vendor to "pants vendor", the price to $3.00 and stock to 5 and I save it. Is there an audit trail for that action/transaction showing that I did the create and the values I set?

And then employee A comes in and changes the item name from "pants" to "stretch pants" and the price to $6.00 and the inventory to 3 and saves it. Can I see an audit of those changes? Who did what, when?  

Thank you,

Penny

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @PennieLanes - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

You may be interested in checking out our Activity Log feature. The Activity Log in your Square Dashboard allows you to monitor sensitive actions taken by your team — such as processed refunds, updates to item inventory, comps/voids, changes to tip settings, and discounts. You can also utilize Team Permissions to control what your team members can see and do in your POS and online Square Dashboard.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

I'm actually very interested in this and am looking at the activity log but not seeing where we can drill down to the item level- you need to know the action taken..

It would be helpful when pulling up a particular item- in that screen- the history of what happened in the item was listed: price changes, inventory count changes, etc.

It would also be amazing (I have been beating this drum for at least a year) to have a notes feature so us retailers can log our info and decide what type of info we would like to log. For example, I have no way in items to tell my employees where those items are in the store or where the overstock is. The ability to have this in Square would BE A GAME CHANGER. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your feedback, @DLRosenberg. Have you already submitted a feature request for this? If not, you can submit your idea to our feature request boards here.

Violet
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

I have created a feature request and have made this request in pretty much every square interview/event I participate in.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 5 of 6

@DLRosenberg Thanks for confirming! We'll be sure to pass along any updates that we receive from the Product Team.

Violet
Message 6 of 6