x

feature request - Hardware Compatibility page

Still looking for a printer, and having spent time on the Hardware Compatibility page, I have a suggestion that should help people who must use it: could you please format it so the tables display the width of the page?  As it is, you must scroll up/down and left/right, and the labels for the columns and rows are hidden.  It is very tedious to find information, as you must constantly go back and forth to determine what you are looking at. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @candoappliances - thanks for taking the time to reach out and let us know about this.

I would like to gather some more details from you on this. Are you referring to this hardware compatibility page? If not, please let me know! Also, can you provide any screenshots of the discrepancy so we can take a look? Any extra info you can provide would be helpful!

I will be sure to keep an eye out for your reply.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

@Joe 

This page:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6334-hardware-compatibility-by-device

Sorry, but I cannot seem to paste a screenshot in the reply.  But, in the table for receipt printers in particular, the column labels are at the top, but the slider to scroll left and right is at the bottom.  And for printers listed in the middle of the table neither the column labels nor the slider are visible.  

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @candoappliances! Jumping in for Joe here.

What browser are you using? I wasn't able to replicate this issue on my end so I'm thinking it's because the browser you're on.

Also are you on a computer or phone?

Ashley C
Message 4 of 6

Using computers with both Windows (7), and Linux, browsers Chrome and Firefox, so I am pretty sure it is the page.  

Hardware Compatibility.jpg

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

@candoappliances 

Ah, I see what you mean. I can see why the current format can be a bit cumbersome and annoying when trying to scroll through the compatibility page.

I'll be sure to bubble your feedback up so we can make improvements to that page. 

Justin
Message 6 of 6