x

iOS 12 and Square POS App - Square Certification?

Square  Folks,

iOS 12 is out, but there is no official certification from Square that it is compatible with the Square app.

Will we see an official statement soon?

Thank You.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @zder

Currently we are still testing the app and hardware on iOS 12. We will make a post on the Seller Community once we've completed testing. 

For context, we don't get early access to the general releases of iOS updates and we can't base information off of the iOS 12 beta. Since Apple makes changes in the general release that could effect the Point of Sale app. 

Hang in there and keep an eye out! 🙂

Message 2 of 4

@Chad

Okay, it has been a month, and no word from Square about iOS 12 compatibility. Apple practically forces users to upgrade to new iOS versions, so I am sure that many Square sellers have inadvertently installed iOS 12, since it is very hard not to install it. With the serious issues with iOS 11 and the Square POS app last year, I would hope that Square would at the very least make an annoucement through the POS app for sellers not to install iOS 12 until Square has adequately tested it. I have seen no such announcement.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hey @zder - Sorry for the delayed update here! Our engineers haven't run into any issues with iOS 12 so far so it should be safe to update your system.

If you have any other questions, let us know!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 4