x

if I set up a recurring monthly charge on a customer and their card declines will I be notified?

if I set up a recurring monthly charge on a customer and their card declines will I be notified?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Great question @LindaKerr!

If your customer's payment fails, both you and your customer are notified via email that that particular transaction failed. The recurring series will continue to send according to the schedule, but you'll have to re-send an invoice to make up for the failed payment.

Let us know if you think of any other questions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6

Hello,

What happens if a payment fails for a recurring payment sent up via link (not invoice)?

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hi there @brownbruha 👋

Are you asking about subscription payments using Square Online checkout links?

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Yes.

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Your customer should be notified if they have added a card, and it is declined, @brownbruha.

If a card on file charge fails for a single invoice that is part of a recurring series, an email will be sent to your customer prompting them to pay online. The following invoices in the series will continue to be charged on the due date, with the same card on file.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team by phone if your customer isn't receiving this email!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6