x

services and retail inventory tracking

I own a day spa.  My square is currently setup for selling both services and retail products.  It does very basic inventory tracking but I need a more in depth tracking than what's provided.  I do not book appointments through square and don't have any plans or interest in using square for booking.  

What is the best option to obtain more in depth inventory tracking?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

@Law1 ;

Which Square system are you using?  Square POS or Square for Retail?  Square for Retail you can try and then stay on the free version.  The Free version might help with better reports than the POS version.  I use Square for Retail and QuickBooks to track inventory.  I need QuickBooks Desktop to track inventory for Assembly items that make up my final retail products.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 6

Im not sure which version I have.  I can't find the information anywhere on the account.  I thought it was POS but now I don't know.  

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

If you are using an Android Device I think you can only use the POS System.  To check this out on an Android

From the App Tap the More at the bottom Right- Tap Support - Tap About - Tap NTEP....... Then read what it says for Model.  On my Android Cell it shows " Square Point of Sale Application"

Now on my Ipad which you can down load different Apps for Square on the Ipad. 

Bottom Right Tap More - Tap Support & Learning - Scroll down to NTEP and look what it says next to Model.

For me on the Ipad it shows "Square for Retail Application"

I do not have a Register or Terminal to instruct you how to find out what you are using on those types of hardware.

I know you can try the Square for Retail then after the Trial you have some features but not the more robust reports etc you would get with the paid version.

Square Dashboard -  Account & Settings  -  Pricing and Subscriptions

There it should show which system you can use on your account I believe.    Mine Shows Square for Retail Plus

Here is a link to more information between Square POS, Square for Retail (Free), and Square for Retail (Paid)

5980-compare-square-for-retail-and-square-point-of-sale 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 4 of 6

Thank you....I have square point of sale.  I think I will just have to give the free trial a go and see if it works for me.  Thanks for your input!

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

I used the Free version for a while before getting the plus version. It worked great !!    

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 6 of 6