x

shipping

I am trying to switch my business to Square from Paypal for all transactions and shipping, a total move really. I host my own site and use Square for my store and payments. Square is asking me to pay a monthly subscription to add a shipping feature to the online store. Why? This is FREE with PayPal. Can someone explain why I should pay $30 a month for the privilege of making shipping labels Square when Paypal does this for free? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ryanspeth Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your frustration with the Online Store. Unfortunately this is not a feature we can change at the moment, so I would suggest weighing whether or not you want to continue building your online store with us or if you would like to go back to Paypal and have the service for free.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for your honesty.

I truly don't want to return to Paypal.

Please see if it might be possible in the future, it seems like a simple fix.

Maybe a feature to offer for someone such as myself that only sells 100 items or less in a year.

I will have to rethink my rollout and future plans based on this.

Thanks again.

R~

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@ryanspeth I hear you and I can understand how this would be a large expense if you don't use the online store for shipments very often. I will certainly pass your feedback along and as always please let me know if you have any questions with setup. I'm happy to help in any way I can. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

I also have a small business and the shipping on this site has been a nightmare. They only give you 2 options when you use your own shipping and that is per item or by weight. Neither of which work in a world where general shipping charges are based on the size of your box.

Message 5 of 5