x
Beta Member

move items in a category within the square POS

Can I move items within a Category in the Square POS. For example, I have a chicken category

and the app lists it like this:

10 piece chicken

12 piece chicken

16 piece chicken

20 piece chicken

4 piece chicken

6 piece chicken

8 piece chicken

I want to it to go from small to large - 4,6,8,10,12,16,20.  I am able to move these on the online site but not the POS.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @gbrokloff 

I feel your pain on this one. Since Square only looks at the first alphanumeric character of the item, anything with the 1 will show up first.

The only way I've found around this is to put an apostrophe in front of the name for the ones you want to show first. For your example, if you put your 4,6,and 8 piece items as '4, '6, and '8 then they will show first since the apostrophe has a lower ASCII character code than the 1 does.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @gbrokloff 

I feel your pain on this one. Since Square only looks at the first alphanumeric character of the item, anything with the 1 will show up first.

The only way I've found around this is to put an apostrophe in front of the name for the ones you want to show first. For your example, if you put your 4,6,and 8 piece items as '4, '6, and '8 then they will show first since the apostrophe has a lower ASCII character code than the 1 does.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thank you Ryan..I will give this a try.

Message 3 of 3