x

Alcatel A30 Tablet pin not working

When a credit card is inserted in my square reader the Alcatel A30 tablet doesn't recognice the customers pin. Nothing will appear when the keypad it touched. This isn't an issue when the Sqaure is connected to my phone. All other functions in the square app work fine on the tablet. Is this a known issue? The Square website says this device is compatible. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

what do you mean the customer's pin?  all debit cards are run as credit. there is not a pin entry screen.

Message 2 of 10

Debit cards can only be tapped. In Canada credit cards can be chip and pin or tap and some people do not have tap activated. So they can insert their credit card and type in the pin number for their credit card. A pin is used instead of a signature for hightened security. 

Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

somehow your post made it onto the US board instead of the Canada community board.  that's why I said they are run as credit, I knew it sounded fishy and should have asked if you were using Square Canada.

Message 4 of 10

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realize there were different boards for the two countries. I'll post to the Canadian forum. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 10
Super Seller

Itโ€™s supposed to automatically move it based on ip. 

@Kpay or @katieand any ideas on this pin problem?

Message 6 of 10

It's super weird that it's only effecting the PIN screen @Plainsbreaker

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? Also is software on the tablet up to date as well? 

This might be something we would have the engineers look at. ๐Ÿค”

Message 7 of 10

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did a delete and reinstall of the app and the tablet OS is up to date as well. Neither fixed the iaaue, it's puzzling.

Message 8 of 10

I recommend giving our Customer Success Team a call so they can take a closer look at this. It could be a bug specific to this device @Plainsbreaker

Message 9 of 10

Will do! Thanks for your help.

Message 10 of 10