x

Contactless and chip reader not pairing

My reader had been working fine but stopped working during a transaction. I use the reader with a tablet. I have tried everything (restarted reader and tablet, dumped app and reinstalled, disconnected reader). I even tried pairing it with my apple phone (which has worked in the past) but it is not working. When I go to the "pair a reader" I press the button on the reader until it blinks orange and then (instead of starting the process of "establishing a secure connection") it blinks green once right away and then nothing happens (same thing happens when I try to connect on my phone). Please help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Also, bluetooth is fine as is the internet connection.
Message 2 of 7

No one replied to ix this yet??  Im having the same issues??

Message 3 of 7

I'm sorry no one followed up with you @BookLady. I'll do my best to get you and @Craig78 up and running again. 

What I find weird is the fact that the four orange lights jump to one green light without pairing. Have you tried doing a hard reset on the reader by holding down the power button for 20 seconds and then releasing? 

I'll keep an eye out for your replies! ๐Ÿ‘€

Message 4 of 7

I am also having an issue with the chip reader not pairing. When I push the button to turn orange lights they do not come on only green and red

Message 5 of 7

After doign several hard resets... it finally worked! But i lost hours.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Glad you were able to get the reader to work, @Craig78.๐Ÿ’ช Sorry to hear about the lost timeโ€”we definitely do not want that to happen. If this continues to be an issue, please let us know.๐Ÿ‘€

@LouiseFedirkoโ€”if you're seeing red lights, you might have held the power button too long and you'll need to try pairing again. Be sure to press the reader's power button for 3-10 seconds. Hope that helps!

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 7