x
Beta Member

How to successfully re-pair Device to App on iOS ?

Had no issue from the start or pairing the device to app. Then it stated a need to update the software. I left it alone. Later approx 15-minutes, I attempted to use it & it failed. I tried to connect it & it failed giving a repeated error message. 

Failed to Pair

An error was detected when connecting to your Square Reader for Contactless and Chip. Please force quit the Square app and go to Settings > Bluetooth on your device. Tap the "ยก" icon next to your Reader and press "Forget This Device." Reopen the Square app and re-pair at Settings > Card Readers.

The problem with this advice is that layout on app no longer exist. Tries to search Bluetooth & Hardware populates in results. I tried restarting my device, resetting the hardware, killing the app, Supports Troubleshoot suggestions, deleting/reinstalling app, re-pair procedure & continues to fail. 

Is there an alternate way to that area to โ€œForget This Deviceโ€ and work from there to re-pair device. Or, I have to get a refund because the device is garbage now?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Update on Troubleshooting
Iโ€™ve successfully paired & ability to process transactions with it connected to my Point of Sale system. 
now just my mobile device

Does support have the ability to log onto my app profile & set forget this device ? Because Settings > Bluetooth is not an option visible. Must of been the last Version of settings 

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Resolved โœ…

by calling into support this morning. 

Message 3 of 3