x
Beta Member

Need Help Setting Up Cash Drawer With Square Terminal

I'm now on my 2nd cash drawer to add to my Square Terminal but I can't get it to connect. I can't find a clear answer on setting up a cash drawer with terminal. I've read using an ethernet connection with a receipt printer can work but the terminal already prints receipts, which is why we went this route. It seems silly that I'd have to buy a receipt printer now?

My cash drawer has USB connection (my first one didn't). It's a Royal Sovereign RCRD-1616UE 16".

Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey @mlemoignan - you'll need to purchase the accessories Hub  to connect your USB cash drawer. The hub has 3 USB ports that allows compatible accessories to communicate with the Terminal. More on how to set up here

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi Justin,

Thanks so much for your response! I should've mentioned that we have the hub as well. I've checked all my connections and it's still not working. I'm at a loss as to what else I can try and our business desperately needs a pos of system. I suppose we can manually open the cash drawer for now.

Thanks again, I appreciate the help!
Michelle

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Ah I see. That's strange ๐Ÿค” @mlemoignan

This might be worth surfacing to our Hardware Team. there's extensive troubleshooting they can walk through to figure out what's going on or help you file a warranty claim if need be. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4