x
Beta Member

Need an affordable label printer for coffee/bubble tea shop

Can someone from the tech team please introduce a label printer for coffee / bubble tea / drink shops?

The  TSP654SK Thermal Printer recently added does not work well for drink shops.  The labels are too big; it pretty much takes up half the cup.  The linerless label itself is expensive and there are alot of wasted printing with large fonts, and big spaces between each line items.  

Please integrate a simple and affordable label printer for us drink shops.  

Please and thank you!

Otherwise I would have to switch over to Clover!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

Definitely need a drink label printer as you see at Starbucks! Getting into the café biz now, we need to have a similar operation where drink orders get shunted to the KDS but each drink gets sent to a label printer so they can be attached to each mug/cup with the ticket info on it.

James Wilkinson
Message 2 of 7
Alumni

@Nighthood @JPWilkinson

Yeah, i'm with you both - I agree that the labels are too big for drink cups. I asked the Product Team who launched sticky label printing and have been told that we only support that printer using 80mm paper. Star Micronics supports this physically, but we don’t have any way to configure paper size in the POS to account for it. 

@Nighthood - we hate to see you go but we understand if the label size is a deal breaker for you. Hopefully that'll change in the near future. We'll leave the door open if you wanna come back. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

@JustinC The label printer you indicated is now discontinued by Star - can you advise on a replacement? Thanks!

James Wilkinson
Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Wssp @JPWilkinson

Chatted with the Product Team about this - Star Micronics came out with a new model of the same printer, the TSP654IISK. We support the new model too, over usb and network connectivity. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Cool! TY for the info - now if only I could find any on sale ANYWHERE! LOL

James Wilkinson
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

While the label width cannot be adjusted, I think Square's format for the label could reduce the length so one item with 3 modifiers does not take up 3.5".

unnamed.jpg

Message 7 of 7