x

Square site does not open on iPad

We have developed using Square Online website but the site does not display on older iPads.

For example iOS 10.3.3 is an up to date version on some older iPads. Nothing happens when following a link that works on other devices.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Sunrisedundas ๐Ÿ‘‹Welcome here to the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us.

We can help clarify a bit here. Older versions of the iPad or any other device that is only capable of running an outdated version of its operating software can often encounter issues trying to access application software that is meant for newer versions and devices.

If you're encountering issues trying to access Square's website on your older iPad version, we would recommend trying another mobile browser version. Which browser are you currently using?

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Joe

We can't predict what devices people use when trying to access our store,  and are just trying to cover all bases. In this case older  iPads are still current and have as up to date OS software as Apple will provide, just not the very latest iOS. So it's a shame that the Square web service does not handle it.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Ah, that makes sense @Sunrisedundas - I was assuming you were working with this older version for site editing. 

Unfortunately, customers will need to be running a somewhat current version of their own software in order to access certain features of the Online Store. In the same way that car mechanics can't ensure that owners take basic maintenance on their vehicle - like changing the oil, we encounter a lot of Sellers who also struggle with customers who don't update their devices.

Hopefully we can generate some dialogue here and get some suggestions from other Sellers on finding a successful workaround on this issue. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4