x

is square compatible yet with the new Google Pixel2 series of phones?

Hi There?  I am curious if the Square has become updated to become compatible with the new series of Google Pixel2 series of phones?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Thanks for your question @FortBlenheim! I think Square is compatible with Pixel 2 since it's not a major change of hardware. In the future, you can check this device compability page where I see that Square is compatible with both Pixel and Pixel XL. I've asked our team to add the Pixel 2 to that page!

Let us know if you have any problems with the app on that device.

Message 2 of 6

It is compatible in that you can type in CC's, but to actually utilize the square device at present my Pixel2 will not acknowledge the connection.  That is why I am wondering if anyone knows if the system has been updated as of yet to make it so.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

The Google Pixel 2 has a change in its code base for app rotation that has caused crashes with the Square app.

There is a temporary fix to lock the device into landscape orientation.  

I'm checking to see if the Square app has been updated but as of the last report, this had not been fixed.

see this thread from earlier https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Troubleshooting/Error-processing-payments-on-Pixel-2-XL/m-p/53937...

Message 4 of 6

Is Google Pixel 2 series still something that will not pair with the card readers? It is not listed on the compatibility page. Thank you. 

Message 5 of 6

Hello @severett! Currently the Google Pixel2 isn't on compatible device list, but other sellers have been able to process payments with it. 

I recommend taking a look at the link @VanKalkerFarms provided for some of the workarounds that other sellers have found! 

Currently the Contactless and Chip Card Reader is not compatible with the Google Pixel XL 2. 

Message 6 of 6