x
Beta Member

tap to pay with iphone has disabled tap to pay with square reader

We've had the "Tap to Pay with iPhone" feature enabled on our account last week. Since then, the tap feature with the square reader no longer works.  On the payment collection screen it just says to "Insert card in reader" with a blue button to "Tap to Pay on iPhone".

I have another square account for my kids scout group xmas tree lot sales without the "Tap to Pay with iPhone" feature enabled... and it works fine, the screen says "Contactless payment methods are enabled" and the single green light turns on reader.

We run a delivery company with hundreds of drivers and different types of iPhone's and not all of them are "Tap to Pay on iPhone' capable... which means drivers with older phones are no longer able to accept tap payments at the door!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Well that’s really interesting. I had an event last month and wanted to use tap-to-pay on iPhone. Couldn’t get it working. Spent three hours chatting  back and forth with Square technical support. And then they finally told me, iPhone tap-to-pay does not work in Canada…..nothing about that on their website!  (only Android works in Canad). WTF? (Actually the android tap-to-pay didn’t really work that well either). Would suggest getting the actual square, if you will behaving more than a handful of transactions, 

Message 2 of 2