x
Admin

How do you advertise your business? ๐Ÿ“ฐ ๐Ÿ“บ ๐Ÿ“ป

With so many businesses using social media to advertise these days, I'm curious how many of you still use more "traditional" methods, like print/billboards, radio, or local TV spots. Reply below with your thoughts on advertising and what has worked well for your business! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I actually don't advertise my business because Lipsology ยฎ is so rare that people don't really know what it is.  Instead, I use the fact that I'm also a palm/tarot card reader to get in front of people who want to get readings for an event and let them know about this really cool alternative which is super fun.  Lipsology tells personality traits, energy levels, etc. from your kiss... on a kiss card designed exclusively for your event.  Word of mouth (tee hee) is the best way for me.  I just keep letting people know and do enough events like bridal showers, bachelorettes, birthdays, baby showers, holiday events, corporate dinners, etc. that people share about their experience and word spreads.  Also, people keep their kiss cards for a very long time and usually in a special place, so when I do corporate/business events that logo stays in front of your guests/clients.  I've been doing more customer appreciation events because of this lately.  My business is lipmessages.com and I really love what I do!

Message 2 of 8
Admin

@lipsology I love this - especially advertising by "word of mouth"! ๐Ÿ˜‚ With such a unique business I imagine it pays to get creative with your approach. I'm curious if you've had any luck promoting Lipsology through social media? 
P.S. I'm a semi-amateur tarot card reader myself, but it's been a long time since I did it "professionally". ๐Ÿ˜…

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 3 of 8

Thank you!  I do use Social Media... not as effectively as I should but I have a great deal on my plate and probably will for the next couple of years.  I may need to ask someone to help with postings on different social media platforms.  I started reading tarot cards professionally 41 years ago.  People definitely enjoy my readings because I think of myself as a "solutions oriented reader" in all that I do.  I attempt to empower the person getting the reading and "lift them up and help them to shine." 

Message 4 of 8
Super Seller

I only use my website that is listed on a google verified page. Word of mouth is the best in my line of work. I do have a instagram page but I donโ€™t really do any advertising on that.

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 5 of 8

I am on the same page!

Message 6 of 8

Hi Elisabeth!,

I have advertised on some wedding sites-that worked fairly well. However, good old fashioned "word of mouth" with business cards handed out as I travel about has also worked some. I just make sure that I am already traveling for pleasure or whatever and as I run into opportunities I try and use them as much as possible. I am wondering if you or anyone else have used the email campaigns through Square and how well that worked. Thanks, JTW.

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

I stick to organic formats - instagram and tiktok mostly. I have inquired about billboard and radio ads but it needs to be very close to me to make sense. I run a service based business so close to home makes the most sense. I am going to be updating my signage soon to advertise the business services and not the business name.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 8 of 8