x

Brand new to online sales, Want to build an online shop for Global purchases

Hello! 

I am overwhelmed... I decided to go with Square as I'm in Canada and I see many people use it in person & I don't have/want a PayPal account, so the ability to accept payments online was appealing as well... until I realized the SquareUp webshop is only good in Canada... and I've almost no coding experience, nor the budget to hire a designer...

I thought WooCommerce/WordPress would be good, because it's simple to use and free... until I realized that the BLOGGING platform is free, not the business one. Which is what I apparently need.

I have a domain & hosting from SiteGround... I just want to open a super simple, small online shop to sell less than 10 items-- currently I have 1 item.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @nadienne-kei! I recommend taking a look at the Apps section of your online Square Dashboard. From there you can review our eCommerce partners and the subscription prices for each one. Pricing varies quite a bit —  for example Weebly costs $8 per month and has a 14-day free trial.

While you're exploring your options you could use Square Invoices to accept orders — admittedly this would definitely be more time consuming! With Square Invoices your customer would only need to share their email address with you, then you'll then send them an invoice request which they they pay online. You can send invoices internationally but keep in mind customers will be charged in Canadian dollars.

I hope this helps! In the meantime I'll keep an eye out for other sellers who have shared tips about setting up a simple online store!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2