x

How do i take credit card and debit payments while waiting for bank verification?

I have a market today but am waiting on bank verification.  We used the square all last summer and none of our info changed.  But now it's needing to be verified again and I need it to work 06/25 and 06/27!!! We're seasonal market people so this is VERY important!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Dnmfarms and welcome!

You can still take payments while waiting for your bank account to verify.

They'll sit in your Square balance kind of like a digital wallet until your bank is fully verified to send the funds to.

We can't rush the bank verification process as it's dependent on the bank you use. 

I'd also recommend making sure you didn't accidentally Sign Up instead of Sign In and create a new account. Try signing in with another email you have and see if your old one with the bank already linked comes up. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

i did just sign in, would another email address have had to be linked previously? it says "account not activated" when i try linking our square.

Message 3 of 6

@Dnmfarms Yeah it definitely sounds like you're signed into a brand new account.

Log out and try logging in again with another email.

It may be best to reach out to our direct CS team to help you find the old account since we don't have access to your account from here. 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 6

THANK YOU!! That was so helpful, I was just using the wrong email 🙂

Message 5 of 6

@Dnmfarms It happens! I'm glad it was a simple fix.

Good luck in sales today! 🎉

Ashley C
Message 6 of 6