x
Highlighted

Is Square free?

Is square free to use if you're only doing cash transactions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Is this too good to be true?

I run a charity thrift store in my home town.  We've recently been looking into using a tablet in lieu of our cash register.  Correct me if I'm wrong here but is square free to use if you're only doing cash transactions?  It seems to be steps above any of the competitors, including the ones that charge a monthly fee.

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Is square free?

Hi @DavidBa

Welcome to the Community.

You're correct. If you're using Square for keeping track of cash transactions. Transaction & Instant Transfer fees are only taken whenever a credit or debit card is processed.

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

I was wondering how does Square get their money on a Visa Mastercard or debit transaction? Does it come right off that sale at that very instant? Or does it come out of your account at the end of the month or something like that? I need to know before I purchase this

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @Kingprice31-

Thanks for considering Square! 

Processing fees are per transaction and are deducted before each transfer. So you run your payment, we will deduct our processing fee, and then the rest will be transferred to your Square balance. 

You can view your total fees on a monthly basis from your online Square Dashboard. If you have any questions about this, take a look at our Fees & Pricing FAQ page

Message 5 of 5