x

Seasonal Square usage

My small company uses Square only seasonally when we attend events.  Is there a way not to pay monthly fee (deactivate account for a few months similar to insurance grace period while I am abroad and don't pay) but then reactivate it when I need it e.g. during summer?  

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Medistik! This is a great question!

There's no fee to create or 'keep' a Square account that you're not using. If you use Square occasionally (summer/winter) you can keep your account open at no cost. You coulld deactivate your account, but keep in mind if you do you won't have access to your item library or reports, which you might need in future/next year.

If you've subsribed to a service like Team Management you can unsubscribe and resubscribe when you need to. Team Mangement also has a free Team Permissions role which means every employee has the same permissions, which are determined by you.

To manage your subscription from your online Square Dashboard: go to Account & Settings > Business > then click Pricing & Subscriptions

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Medistik! This is a great question!

There's no fee to create or 'keep' a Square account that you're not using. If you use Square occasionally (summer/winter) you can keep your account open at no cost. You coulld deactivate your account, but keep in mind if you do you won't have access to your item library or reports, which you might need in future/next year.

If you've subsribed to a service like Team Management you can unsubscribe and resubscribe when you need to. Team Mangement also has a free Team Permissions role which means every employee has the same permissions, which are determined by you.

To manage your subscription from your online Square Dashboard: go to Account & Settings > Business > then click Pricing & Subscriptions

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 8

I have an interest to move beyond just using a Square terminal and expand into utilizing the Square Online Store feature...however, I am a seasonal business which opens to the public 3 months of the year.

We open in May through July and in review of the online store plan options, the "Professional" plan appears to suit my needs the best, but am unsure how flexible (or not) this plan option is.

Ultimately, I would like and am willing to pay 3 months at $20.00 and streamlining my ecommerce presence through Square, versus bringing a 3rd party into the picture.

Can you please tell me if such an ability is available for seasonal businesses such as mine?  

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @LaGreenhouse

Welcome to the Community. 

Right now, we don't have any offers of that type for seasonal businesses. I will go ahead tag this for our Online Store team as a Feature Request. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

I also operate a seasonal business, and in-season am happy to be paying for Square Payroll, but don't need this feature in the off-season. Is there a way to place Payroll on pause for 6m/year?

Message 5 of 8

Hey @Pplease and welcome to the Community.

There's not a way to pause subscriptions but you can unsubscribe and resubscribe when you're open again.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 8

Actually it is NOT possible to resubscribe to payroll service. I have been trying to do that myself, and was just told by telephone customer service that once a payroll account is closed it cannot be added back into a Square account. I was told that I must open entirely new Square account. This introduces a new and VERY cumbersome level of logon / logoff for my Square, which entirely defeats the purpose of Square which is to streamline these financial management tasks.

Message 7 of 8

Hey @echococo I'm really sorry to read the frustration regarding your Payroll experience. I understand that having two accounts can be really annoying, especially when things used to be streamlined. As you know, at this time, you cannot reactivate your payroll subscription, but in the future you can pause your subscription to keep from cancelling. 

You will not get billed for months when you do not process payroll and Square Payroll will continue to file your quarterly tax returns and prepare your year-end returns, including W-2s. Employees should not be paid outside of Square Payroll while your account is paused.

Please note that Square Payroll bills for services after the month is over. For example, if you send a pay run in September, you will be billed on October 1st. When you are ready to start processing payroll again, you can simply log into your Square account and pick up where you left off and billing will resume.

To learn more about pausing your Square Payroll account, visit our Support Center.

AshleyK
Message 8 of 8