x

Team, I want to collect payment in USD on my Canadian Square up account ? is that possible ?

Team, I want to collect payment in USD on my Canadian Square up account ? is that possible ? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Flight_Prism, thanks for reaching out to us here!

While you can accept internationally issued cards through Square, the transaction will always be processed in the currency of the country in which the Square account is activated.

Cardholders may be charged for currency conversion by their card issuer since payments, in your case, must be processed in Canadian dollars.

Let us know if you have any other questions here.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for your answer, as we want to charge the customers only in USD,  Can we also make one Square up account in US with the same Canadian company and the bank account 

Wherein the customers can be charged in USD but money will be transferred to our bank account in CAD ( after conversion)

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

No worries, @Flight_Prism!

It is possible to create multiple Square accounts, each with its own country selection, but a different email address and different identity verification information are required for each account. However, this is more applicable to sellers who are moving overseas or trading out of different countries for long periods of time. 

As a general rule, you must be located in the country where you activated your Square account to process payments.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4