x

All items say 'pickup is not allowed' when I order

I honestly haven't changed anything.....

Normally, for our site pickup is not allowed as our actual shop isn't open. But, as the admin, I am allowed in the shop and occasionally I want to purchase something without paying postage charges. What I normally do is go into the administrators view of the system, select Online, then select Fulfillment, then 'pickup and delivery'. I then enable pickup. On a different screen, I then order stuff, pay for it and then go back into admin and disable pickup again.

What's happening today is that, for anything I order, the shopping cart is saying 'pickup is not allowed' and won't let me check out. I have checked the individual items (on my admin screen) and they all have pickup enabled.

So, what has changed? What did I miss?

Thanks for any advice

Alan

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Sorry to hear you're running into this @alansh, that's definitely sound like it could be a bug! There is just something I'd like to check:

• Was the address verified/enabled for Pickup from Pickup & Settings as well?
  • Was there any other items in the basket that doesn't have pickup enabled?
  • If you try clearing your cache & cookies and order again, does the error persist?

If none of these are applicable, please let me know! I can definitely have a further look into this on my end here. 

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 9

I tried it on a another PC and it worked OK. So, probably something to do with caching. I really don't want to clear out cookies - I have far too many that are useful. So, is there anything I can do to clear out just this issue?

Alan

Message 3 of 9

I cleared the data and tried again - it works OK now. So, that's one for the user manual !!!

thanks for the pointer

Alan

Message 4 of 9

Is it possible to put something on the server side to clear out caching? I know it can be done (I run some web sites where I do this), but I don't know the impact on this site.

Alan

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Glad to hear the cache clearing work and thank you for raising that suggestion @alansh! I can definitely share it with our team to see if there is something we can put in place. 

Tra
Message 6 of 9

It happened again this morning - but on the other machine. Clearing the cache did NOT work. But going down to my original machine DID work. So, I have no idea why it does it.

Alan

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Hey @alansh, I'd like to look into this further. If possible, can you reshare a link to your website with me and let me know the items you were trying to checkout when you get the error message?

Tra
Message 8 of 9

The site is https://gmnscoutshop.square.site/. Any of the badges seemed to do it. but (of course) only when pickup is enabled. The Beaver Builder Activity badge was one i remember.

Cheers

Alan

Message 9 of 9