x

Bank account verification

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me through the Bank verification process.

I entered my bank account details and was waiting on the verifications process. I noticed the account had a small amount sent to it. By square and assumed it was going smoothly. I checked the bank verification process and the status said failed.

is there any reason why this has happened?

I had reentered my details and now it’s pushed the verification process another few days.

what could have been the issue for it to fail?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Mhalayams,

Thanks for reaching out with this question. I'll be happy to provide some more information here.

Banks don't share the exact reason why a bank verification is declined, however, there are a few different scenarios that can cause a bank verification to fail. You can view these and our recommended troubleshooting steps in this Support Article. 

It's important to note that bank verification may take up to 5 business days to complete each time you update or reenter your details. During this time, you are able to process card payments and your funds will be securely stored in your Square Balance until a bank account has been verified.

I hope this helps to answer your question. Feel free to let me know if anything else comes up! 

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2