x

Can an order be invoiced rather than paid?

If I want to set up a shop and have the option for the customer to be invoiced (so they pay later), is this possible with the online shop system here?

Cheers

Alan

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Short answer is nope. 

The payment & checkout is the confirmation of all the online orders - so there’s no automated workaround that I can think of either. 

If it’s an option you want to offer rather than the default you could suggest customers give you a call as this could be done in the standard POS app instead. But if you wanted it as the default the online store isn’t going to do it for you very well. 

Just me being nosy - but what’s the rational for wanting to invoice rather than collect payment? (Invoices have a higher processing cost than online store orders).

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 5

I'm not sure the POS option would work as it's prone to mistakes which the customer could then deny. But thanks for the idea.

The reason is as follows:

This is for a scout shop. Some scout groups don't have group credit cards but can do bank transfers (and charity rules try to dissuade using personal credit cards if there's an alternative). So, we let them order to a standard address and send an invoice to the treasurer who then pays it from their bank account.

Does that make sense?

Cheers

Alan

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

If you create a manual invoice you can add items to it, so when received everything is listed by item before they confirm & pay. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 5

I will investigate manual invoicing. But I really want the customer to select the items and quantities and, of course, they can't pay using Square. 

If it can't be done, then I will ask for it to be considered as a future option.

Alan

Message 5 of 5