x

Creating Report of online store item sales of only items in pending status

We set up a online store to ship our prepared meals delivery.  We wanted to create a report that adds all items of sales in "new" (on square order list) or "pending" (on weebly order list) status so we can plan how many meals we need to prepare.

Right now we go to our Square Dashboard > Reports > Items and filter by sales date. This gives us a rough estimate but not ideal. We would also like to further filter and only see only the new/pending orders.

Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hey there, @brazilianbread - you should be able to view all of your Pending orders right from your Online Store Dashboard. You also have the option to export all of your orders to a spreadsheet from this page.

You'll start by logging into your Online Store Dashboard, then selecting Orders from your left-hand sidebar menu. Once you're here, you'll see a drop-down menu that should default to All Statuses. Go ahead and select Pending from the drop-down menu to view all of your Pending orders without viewing other types of orders.

If you'd prefer to export all of your orders and work out of a spreadsheet, you can click the Export Orders button in the top right-hand corner of your screen. If you're comfortable with Excel, you have the option to copy and paste the cells in bulk to isolate your Pending orders from the rest of the orders.

Let us know if you have any other questions about this!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

We have a farm-stand that offers pre-ordering, and I want to know how to generate a report so those packing orders know how many total items to grab from inventory in the mornings, by item.

Right now we print out out all of the orders, and manually tally each item to determine how many need to be picked from inventory.

There must be an easier way! 

Thank you,

Josh

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hello @cbi_farm-

Check out @Valentina's answer here where she goes into a bit of detail on how to export your orders. I hope this is what you're looking for! But please let me know if not.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 5

@cbi_farm So what we ended up doing was exporting the orders per Valentina's instructions and using Google Sheets to tally everything. I was using formulas to separate the orders out by day, but it was very cumbersome since our menus and delivery areas keep changing depending on what ingredients are available or in shortage and where we can find customers.

What I ended doing that worked the best was using Pivot Tables in Google Sheets. It's been working well for us the past week we came to this method. 

If you have Excel or other spreadsheet programs you could do the same. If you are not familiar with Pivot Tables I'd encourage you finding some help or reading/youtube some tutorials. It was overwhelming at first, but not that bad once I learned the basics. Good Luck.

Message 5 of 5