x

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE ZIP CODE IN THE CREDIT CARD SECTION AT CHECKOUT

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE ZIP CODE IN THE CREDIT CARD SECTION AT CHECKOUT IN THE WEBSITE. WE LIVE IN AUSTRALIA AND DO NOT DEAL WITH ZIP CODES AT ALL, THE ONLY THING WE NEED WITH CREDIT CARDS ARE THE NUMBER, EXPIRY DATE AND CVV. THANKS

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @gcalab,

The presence of the Zip Code requirement is indeed one of a few features of Online Store that we're hoping to have localised for Australia, where a Post Code is not required to take a remote credit card payment. I don't have an ETA for when this may be changed, but I'll continue to pass on feedback from Australian merchants so we can hopefully better tune things to meet Australian Sellers' expectations in the future.

I'll post updates as soon as I hear of any changes that have been made to how this works!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Beta Member

Hi! I have overcome this by using the woosquare plus plugin. I have a Wordpress site using WooCommerce. They use the functionality that the api has to remove the postcode check completely. Itโ€™s not cheap but I also needed the other functionality. https://apiexperts.io/solutions/woosquare-plus/

Message 22 of 31

how do i remove the poscode option during check  out when we enter the card number. need help! thanks 

Message 23 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hey @kamarulariffin,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to the Seller Community ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ‘‹

I've merged your question to this thread where we're tracking the option to remove postcodes from the checkout.

Message 24 of 31

This is a big problem - going to have to move from Square now - just does not work for Australia with post code included - appears to be okay for master card but not for visa cards

Message 25 of 31
Admin

Hey @Ian6,

I thought this one might have been solved - I checked with a Visa and there didn't seem to be a postcode or zip requirement:

Are you seeing something different when trying to process Visa transactions?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 26 of 31

I have tried to process a MasterCard payment and it requires a ZIP.  Local postcode (ZIP) doesn't work.  Neither does using 0000.

Unfortunately, I will have to change to another CC transaction provider.

Message 27 of 31
Admin

@ElecWA Sorry to hear you've encountered an issue here - it sounds like a bug if you're using an Australian card. Is this happening on all your online payments, or as a once off?

Have you tried getting in touch with our support team for further help? They'll be able to take a better look at your account and escalate the issue if they don't have a solution ๐Ÿ‘

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Click on any topic, then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Or, if you see the new chatbot help flow, type "support" to bring up a list of contact methods.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 28 of 31

Thanks for your response.  I don't use Square frequently.  Maybe a transaction every few months.  This is the first time it's occurred so I don't know if it's a new thing in Australia.  I will follow your directions.  Don't really want to have to change.

Message 29 of 31

I had the same problem.  Advised to enter 00000 into ZIP and processed no trouble.

Message 30 of 31

Its been solved.

I was going to cancel using Square as the TEST always asked for ZIP with 00000.

Tried a LIVE check and bingo No Zip code needed. Thanks for not telliing us in Oz!

Wasted a lot of time trying to get a work around.

Message 31 of 31