x
Super Seller

Hardware Setups - your questions (food focused)

I’ve been trying to write a review/guide all about the different Square hardware & how to get the most out of it in a foodie establishment and so far I’ve totally failed!

So, hit me with any questions about what you want to achieve & what hardware you’ve got to play with (or if you’ve got a budget for something) and I’ll do my best to help. If this is productive then I’ll put it all together in a Food Guide.

(I don’t work for Square, so while I’ve got experience of most of the hardware etc. I’m sure I’ll still be able to get some stuff wrong - so point it out if you see any mistakes!)

Tag me @Sam_400º to get a response 👍 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

This is a great idea @Sam_400º and thank you so much for giving us your time1 I've pinned the post as well so it'll be easier for folks to find and reply 😊

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

@Sam_400º we are a pub and i’v tried every piece of square hardware on offer. I’v settled with square register, iPads for KDS and an iPad mini for the waiters. I don’t mind helping out.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Would be interested in how the KDS works for you as orders go out. Obviously my van is a much smaller set up, but when dealing with multiple orders going out at the same time I still need those little bits of paper to keep me in check 😂

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

So far it’s good we find it an improvement. I like that you can check off each item and they change colours depending on how long the order has been up for. We found before when it gets really busy and orders mount up the paper tickets have no room on the grab and the printer just keep printing into a long trail that can cause a bit of stress. However I say all this but we didn’t get long to trail it before the 3rd lockdown in the UK. I’m wondering about getting a second iPad for they KDS do they work in sync?

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @pigsnoseinn, just jumping in here 😊! If you get a second iPad to run KDS, the two will work in sync, i.e. any action taken on one iPad should show on the other. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 6 of 6