x

Having 2 square machines for the same account

Hi all

I am new to square machines, but purchased a 2nd one as we are doing quite a few Christmas markets this year.  My daughter and I both did a market last night, and used the card machine, and we both did the same amount of the card machine, but I have only had notification by email of 1 amount, do I have to register a second machine with the same account.

regards, and thanks for your help

LInda

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hey Linda - nice to hear you're busy! 

Just to check I'm understanding this right, you bought a 2nd card reader (is this the little white one linked to your phones or a terminal?) - have you signed in with your existing Square account details? 

There is no problem having many card readers all on the same account and all you need to do is make sure you're logged into your account to make sure the money is going to the right place. There's no need to register the card machine itself in your online dash, just sign in as normal. The machines and the app won't let you take payments when you're not signed in. 

You can check your balance and transactions in your online dash along with getting a. full overview of all your sales reports. 

** One thing that does come to mind though, as your machines will be logged into the same account when you look at figures (balance, reports etc.) on the device you'll see the sales information for all of your business. So, if you're looking on each device and it says you've taken the same amount then it's probably showing the total sales for all devices on each one. 

Message 2 of 4

Thank you so so much for your reply.

Yes your reply made sense, and it was we had taken different figures which showed as the same amount, doohoo never thought about that, thanks again for making sense of the card machines, yet it is quite sad that the company cannot be bothered to reply to an email with an explanation, thank goodness to community ha ha 

regards Linda

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi Linda, thanks for your post and welcome to the Seller Community! 

I'm glad to see Sam was able to help figure this out with you. 

If you would like to keep your sales and your daughters separate, you can look at setting up another Location on your account, meaning you'll still have one account and Reader but you'll be able to create unique business profiles for each location with specific business hours and individual bank accounts or tags to differentiate transfers. 

With regards to your email, our Customer Support team respond to all emails within 1-2 business days, so please let me know if you haven't heard back from them yet. @Lincath 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 4 of 4