x

How do you add stock to modifier?

I build bags for people using various items.

One of the things I want to do is make to-go bags for food service/hotel/retail workers. 

The problem is different people want different things. And I'd like to keep an inventory of the things. 

Sure I can use modifiers to price the different items but I won't know how much I inventory i have without having a separate app/list/notebook and that sounds annoying and takes up space I don't have. 

I could also just create a lot of variations on the to-go bags, but then it doesn't satisfy the 'microwave' societal norms when it comes to shopping - 'too many options, to many hurdles' that I've seen mentioned in previous comments on here. 

Suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @Shaggythestoner For now, you have pretty much identified the options that are available to us.  Inventory tracking does not exist at the modifier level (yet), though I can assure you that this feature has been requested because I’m one person who has done so.  So, you are left with either creating variations for inventory tracking purposes or creating separate items.

In your case, I’d recommend maybe a compromise between the two.  Rather than having one items called “Bag” with hundreds of variations (yup, that would be annoying to customers), how about creating various items called Bag — ie - “Food Service Bags” with maybe a few dozen variations, “Hotel Bags” with maybe a few dozen variations, etc.

For now, that’s about the best I can come up with to give you the best of both worlds.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @Shaggythestoner For now, you have pretty much identified the options that are available to us.  Inventory tracking does not exist at the modifier level (yet), though I can assure you that this feature has been requested because I’m one person who has done so.  So, you are left with either creating variations for inventory tracking purposes or creating separate items.

In your case, I’d recommend maybe a compromise between the two.  Rather than having one items called “Bag” with hundreds of variations (yup, that would be annoying to customers), how about creating various items called Bag — ie - “Food Service Bags” with maybe a few dozen variations, “Hotel Bags” with maybe a few dozen variations, etc.

For now, that’s about the best I can come up with to give you the best of both worlds.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2