x

Instant Transfer - Does it go to your bank account or debit card?

I have a verified bank account with Alliance Bank. However, on the very rare occasion that I might need to do instant transfer, I have my registered my "linked card" for instant transfer as my my debit card to another bank account with Wells Fargo. I have never had to use it, but I might need to this weekend?

If I do an instant transfer with my Wells Fargo debit card, will it go into the Wells Fargo bank account linked to the debit card, or my Alliance Bank account?

Please help? 

Thank you - [Personal information redacted] 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @wgncradio1

I'm sorry that no one responded to your post earlier. Just for clarification the Instant Transfer will go directly to your linked debit card! 

So you should see the deposit in your Wells Fargo Checking account. 

I think you might be the first radio station I've seen in the Seller Community. I'm really interested in how you use Square for the station! 

If I can help with anything else please let me know! 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 2 of 4

They probably accept vendor payments from ad sales with Square.

Why would my new card's zip code not be accepted by Square when I attempted to link it for instant deposit? Yes, I confirmed the zip code on file with my bank for my card is correct. How can I fix it?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@McAlpinePLLC

Sorry to hear you've had issues with linking your debit card for Instant Transfer. Sometimes after multiple tries the system will auto-reject the addition of a card with incorrect information. I would suggest trying again since it's been a few days since this post.

When we get an invalid zip code error this does come from card coding with the bank. We're just verifying this information to create the link.

Please reach out to your bank, if it doesn't work again today, and let them know something is happening with the billing zip code associated with the card.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 4 of 4