x

Can I disable the 'Add' button after I choose an item that has a modifier list?

I'm new to square. Is there a way to disable the "Add" button to an item using a modifier list?

In other words I want the selection from the modifier list to go straight to the current sales screen.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Welcome to Square @Ejc! There isn't a way to disable the Add button. Can you share a bit about your business and how that would help? 

In the meantime, it might help to know that after you create a modifier set you can choose that some/all of the modifiers are pre-selected (so all you have to do is tap Add > not choose modifiers > then tap Add).

To do this (after you've created a Modifier Set😞

1. Sign in to your online Dashboard.
  2. Click Items to open your item library > click on an item name.
  3. Scroll down to Modifier Sets > click Customize.
  4. Set your preferences and click Pre-selected for any modifiers you'd like to be already selected when you choose the item in the app.Let me know if you have any questions - I hope this saves you a bit of time! 
️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Hele, I was just wondering. But it's not something that I can't live with.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Glad to hear that! 🙂

We're always looking to make improvements based on feedback from sellers so it's possible in future you will be able to disable the Add button - or the checkout flow will be updated to remove this additional step (pun not intended).

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4