x

Register reports vs dashboard

Reviewed our sales summary on Register yesterday.  It showed a different % down when compared to the Dashboard app (10% discrepancy).  Checked it again today and same thing.  Also sales are showing for the wrong time period on register (showing earlier than actual).  Time on register is correct.  The dashboard seems to be accurate.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @donutsue,

Something else that you could check here is the timezone that each device you're using is set to the same one - this could be one reason why figures are out a little over a given time frame from one device to another.

To @Arie's earlier post though, your best bet for getting to the bottom of this is going to be to get in touch with support, who will have much more visibility on your account that we're able to have via our community forum!

If they can't solve the issue for you they will also be able to escalate your case to our engineering team if it looks like this may be a bug!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @donutsue,

Thanks for writing back into the community 👋

Do you have multiple locations on your Square account? If you're seeing different times for sales on your Register, compared to your dashboard, it's worth checking that you're looking at the same location for both reports. To change locations in the Dashboard app, tap in the pin in the top right hand corner. 

While we're not able to look into reports via this public forum, our team can troubleshoot a bit further with you. Reach out on 1800 760 137, from Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm AEST, so we can take a closer look. 

Message 2 of 5

I am definitely looking at the correct location.  Sales are showing before 8am and we don’t open til 9am.  I have multiple locations and have been using the app for years.

Message 3 of 5

Can send a photo if you like

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @donutsue,

Something else that you could check here is the timezone that each device you're using is set to the same one - this could be one reason why figures are out a little over a given time frame from one device to another.

To @Arie's earlier post though, your best bet for getting to the bottom of this is going to be to get in touch with support, who will have much more visibility on your account that we're able to have via our community forum!

If they can't solve the issue for you they will also be able to escalate your case to our engineering team if it looks like this may be a bug!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5