x
Admin

Reporting Options with Square: FAQs

Hi Seller Community, I’m back with more FAQs!

In addition to taking payments and tracking inventory, Square allows you to discover new insights about your business with analytics and advanced reporting options, which you can view in-app, on your Dashboard or export to add to your records. 

In this post, we’ll be running through some common reporting options and questions. If you have any other questions, click Reply 👇. We’re happy to help!

The reports mentioned in this thread are for the standard Square Point of Sale. For reporting options available with Square for Retail and Square for Restaurant, visit our Support Centre!

How can I view my reports in the Square app?

To view reports from the Square Point of Sale app on your Square Terminal, Square Register, phone or tablet:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to navigate to the menu or the down arrow at the top of Square Register.
  2. Tap Reports > Sales. By default, the report will show only today’s activity. To set a date range, tap the date at the top of the report. From here, you’ll be able to filter by time of day, device and team member.

The in-app reports give you an overview of sales summary, payment method, items and categories.

If you are looking to generate more detailed reports, head to the Square Dashboard!

Which reports are available on the Square Dashboard?

Aside from your standard Sales Summary, item and category sale reports, you can also check reports for the following on your Square Dashboard:

• Discounts
  • Comps
  • Voids
  • Taxes
  • Transaction Status
  • Transfer Reports

...And more! For a full list of all the reports you can access on your Square Dashboard, visit our Support Centre. Notes: If you subscribed to Team Plus, you’ll be able to generate Team Member Sales and Labour vs Sales reports

Can I limit who can access or review the reports? 

If you are using Team Management, you can choose which sales data or reports your team has access to. There are two options:

• Detailed Sales Reporting: Allow team members to view reports on a shared point of sale or Square Dashboard for only the past 90 days. They won’t be able to view the full historical data, comparison charts and trends overtime.
  • Limited Sales Reporting: Allow team members to view reports on a shared point of sale only for the past 90 days. 

You can also disable the ability to view reports so only you can view any historical sale data or trends. For more information about setting up Team Management, visit our Support Centre.

Can I generate a report for a specific date?

You can use the date-selector on your Square Dashboard or within the Square Point of Sale app to view reports for a specific date or date range. You can also select All Day or Custom to specify a time period within the day.

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 16.09.27.png

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 16.09.41.png

How can I customise my reports? 

In addition to the readily available reports, you can generate your own custom reports directly from the Square Dashboard:

1. Visit Reports > Custom Reports > Create New Report.
  2. Name your report > click Add Report to add additional blocks. Custom reports will automatically include your Sales Summary report, but it can be removed by clicking X at the top right corner of the report.
  3. Once your reports are added, hover over each section to reveal options to filter or add/remove columns.
  4. Click Save Report.

Read more about creating your own reports in our Support Centre

How can I download my report from Square?

To download any reports from your Square Dashboard, simply click the Export button on the top right-hand corner on your screen. Depending on the reports, you’ll get an option to either download a Summary CSV or Detail CSV file. Once you hit export, the file will automatically download to your device.

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 16.20.27.png

While you cannot download reports from your Square Point of Sale app, you can send a copy of the report to your email by simply tapping the Share button at the top right hand corner.

Image from iOS (1).jpg

How can I print my reports? 

From the Square Point of Sale app, if you are connected to a printer, you can print out your item sales or reports by tapping the Share button. 

At this time, there isn’t a way to print your reports directly from the Square Dashboard. A workaround would be to export the reports as a CSV file. This means you can import the file to other tools like Excel, Google Sheets or Apple Numbers and print it from here!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Hi @tranguyen , not sure if this is the correct place to post this issue but currently under Reports>Sales Trends, the Weekly Gross Sales section is not displaying the daily data correctly, just the totals to the right.  Screengrab below where you can (just about) see there are values for Daily and Yearly sections but not for Weekly (apart from the previous year's Sunday figure).  Any ideas on how to resolve this?  Thanks!

filletandbone_0-1617701638271.png

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hey @filletandbone, thanks for flagging this! This looks like a known issue that our engineering team are working on. From the last update, the team have a fix prepared and will be rolling it out shortly. Once I have a confirmation from the team that the issue has been resolved, I'll followed up and let you know immediately. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 3