x

Reserving stock

If an item is not in stock, I have created an external form and linked to it from the Contact Us page. This allows a customer to order items which are not in stock. We would then get them in and add them to our store inventory.

The issue arises if we put an item in stock and then another customer buys it before the original person gets onto the system. So, is there a way to reserve stock so that other customers cannot get at it?

If not, could it be added to the feature list? Maybe have a special 'reserve number'  which we tell the original customer but no-one else.

thanks

Alan

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Don’t count that stock and in pice them separately? 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 6

Matt, not sure what you mean here. Was 'pice' a misspelling? And if I don't count the stock, how can anyone order it?

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Meant to say invoice 😂 sorry for the confusion

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 6

I only have the online shop and have no other way for them to pay. So, a separate invoice won't be any good as we don't have remote card reader facilities. But thanks for the idea.

Alan

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Can’t you use the square invoices system for it? I’m not sure as I’ve never used it myself but would’ve thought this would be an option to bill the customer? 

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 6 of 6