x

Square Online: Payment was declined please try again

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Payments not working

Hi 

I have just set up my website (free version) and added a test item so I could purchase and see how it all works. It will not accept my visa details or my Apple Pay! Can anyone help and explain why this may be? 
Thanks 

Message 1 of 11
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know, @melaniesmemory! The error you received can be caused by a number of reasons, including:

• If the details entered are not correct (this can cause the card-issuing bank to decline the payment)
  • If the value is less than £1.00

If you have confirm that the details entered are correct and the value of the item you are testing is more than £1.00, it's definitely worth contacting your bank to make sure the card is okay. 

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hi @melaniesmemory, so sorry you are having troubles with the Online site. Can you let me know if there is a particular error message you are getting? 

Tra
Message 2 of 11

Hi

the message I get is “Payment was declined please try again”. 
thanks 

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know, @melaniesmemory! The error you received can be caused by a number of reasons, including:

• If the details entered are not correct (this can cause the card-issuing bank to decline the payment)
  • If the value is less than £1.00

If you have confirm that the details entered are correct and the value of the item you are testing is more than £1.00, it's definitely worth contacting your bank to make sure the card is okay. 

Tra
Message 4 of 11

I'm having this same issue with my website today, but for several customers and order are over £1 - I have tested myself with my own apple pay and sure enough I get the exact same message. 12 hours now without a working website 😞

Message 5 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cleos, sorry to hear that! If the payment is still declining and several customers experience this issue, it's something that our team should look into further.

The Seller Community is a public forum so we can't share account-specific information here. When you can, please contact our Support team directly so we can take a closer look at these recent payment attempts.

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 6 of 11

Thankyou ! I have already connected them - it appears to have sorted itself out for now 🙂 

Message 7 of 11

Hi, Im having the same issue. via apple pay it seems to go through and then refunds the amount and states 'payment was declined please try again' can anyone help with this? the item is over £1 and ive tried a few of my own cards which i know work

Message 8 of 11
Admin

Sorry to hear you're running into this @FYREPIZZA! If the payment is over £1 and you've confirmed with the bank that the cards are OK, can you also check the following:

• Are Apple Pay setup correctly with all necessary information on your device, including shipping/billing address?
  • If you enter the card details manually, does the payment go through?
  • When you attempt to pay via Apple Pay, what seems to be happening? Does the site load continuously before you see a Thanks for your order! page or?
Tra
Message 9 of 11

I am having similar problems

Overseas customers are having there card payments declined but my UK customers are fine

I have tried myself and my order was completed without issue but 10 minutes later I had a customer with a £300+ order asking why his card was declined, he checked with his bank before contacting me so it isn't a bank issue

I had another customer making a £66 payment from the USA and it was declined

I am losing customers because of this and it is a Square issue not my website as Wix has checked it's not there system

I need this fixed and typically Square isn't open

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @majestic-perfor, welcome to the Seller Community! I'm very sorry to hear that your international card payments are not going through. There are several reasons why an online card transactions could get declined. It is best to have our Support team look at the specific international transactions details. I won't be able to share an account-specific information or transaction details in a public thread here. Please contact our Support team here

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 11 of 11